the blog Synergy

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

An exciting project

I am delighted to be part of this exciting new Blogging Synergy experiment and I look forward to working alongside my virtual friends and team mates Troy, Steve, Rosa, and Felix.

It is amazing how many people I have met 'virtually' since being introduced to the joys of internet, e-mail and now Blogging.

At 53 years of age I have been brought up at a time when all this was just a sci-fi pipe dream and here we are with the world of information now literally at the fingertips of everyone who wants it.

Some see that as a threat but I am a pragmatist and see this as a great opportunity.

The choices are to bury our head in the sand and watch the world go by or get involved and try to make the world a better place through the things we do. That must always be our first motivation.

Technology is offering us the chance to educate ourselves about the ways of life in many other parts of the world than our own through connecting and communicating.

We can all learn from others - whoever we are and wherever we live.