the blog Synergy

Friday, August 12, 2005

Magazine Content - Online or not?

I am a regular reader/subscriber of FastCompany and like their web site a lot. They post much of the magazine content to the site with a delay to provide the subscribers an advance over non-subscribers (and that's fair). Their blog is also very active.

I would like Worthwhile to take some hints from the FastCompany efforts. While the Worthwhile blog is good, active, thoughtful posts, I have not been able to find any of their magazine content other than in the hard copy of the magazine itself. This hinders my efforts to spread the word on the many good articles they do have. Yes, subscription is an option but it would be good to have the content available on the web also. (And yes, I do subscribe to Worthwhile.)

What do you thnk about this?

Should a magazine post their content online like FastCompany or not like Worthwhile?