the blog Synergy

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What an honor!

What a wonderful surprise and a terrific honor for me to be invited to be a member of the Blog Synergy. I have followed the founders of the Blog Synergy in their many endeavors and have appreciated the great work accomplished. It has been through following many of the founding members of this site that I have been able to accomplish a great deal in my personal life over the past couple of years. Through blogging, learning leadership skills, and personal development, I have been able to take control of my career goals and make some personal changes. I look at the founders of this blog as mentors, colleagues, innovators, and most of all friends. The blog Synergy is very progressive and always searching for better ways to communicate the message of leadership and friendship. I am looking forward to my involvement and the many new learning experiences that are sure to develop. I can't thank everyone enough for the opportunity.

Some personal information about me: I am a father of two great kids, Caleb and Devyn. They keep me very busy with their academic and sports accomplishments. I am Married to a wonderful woman, Tammy. She is the inspiration of my life and a beautiful person. I live in the state of Kentucky where I work as a counselor for disadvantaged youth. I have been fortunate to meet some wonderful people that have mentored me and helped me to co-author a book. Trevor Gay and Felix Gerena, both founding members of the Blog Synergy, made this a reality for me. More than anything that I can put on a personal resume' I am a friend of many. I think that human relationships are the most wonderful gift we are all blessed with. Through my blogging experience I have coined my signature phrase, "The sword is sharpened by the stone". What I mean by this is that we learn our greatest lessons from each other. We do not always have to agree. It is through the exchange of thoughts and ideas that we learn and grow. That is my goal in this endeavor, to learn and grow through the exchange of thoughts and ideas.